Thursday, December 30, 2010

Do you like snow as much as I do?

Yes, I like. A lot. Because it makes you appreciate warm weather more. The post-christmas blizzard of 2010 wreaked havoc on the streets and messed up travelling plans and commuting for thousands of people. As much as I hated riding Newark Airtran for hours, I got as much fun. I got a good couple of chuckles at fellow straphangers yelling at each other not to touch the door, because it kept opening and closing. 
   And apparently the Airtran was going anywhere but not where it was supposed to go. That angered a lot of travelers. They would board the train, take a trip to some random terminal and come back to where they boarded. I have to admit that it was hysterical to watch a crowd of more than puzzled French guys emerge from the Airtran 20 minutes later and attack a sad Airtran Terminal worker. 
   After four hours of riding three different trains I was so relieved to get to Grove street station. And than it took me another four hours to walk home with all that luggage. Yup, all by myself I braved my way through the blizzzzard.

Almost forgot that I was met by Mr. Snowplower who was concentrated more on taking pictures than on getting me home. I just kid, Sir Snow-a-Lot, you are a distinguishably fine fella.

Next day was quiet, sunny and involved a lot of digging


But smart people preferred to walk on the road:

I hope there still be snow when I get back to Jersey. And I go cross-country skiing around the block.

No comments: